Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Perfect Day in London!

I had meetings in London last Monday-Thursday, so I headed over on an earlier flight on Sunday in order to be able to enjoy London for the day...and that I did!! It was a gorgeous indian summer day...sunny, blue skies, 75 degrees...perfect! I met up with Steph and Dave, friends who live in both London and Copenhagen due to a recent transfer to CPH for Steph, for a fantastic brunch in the Farringdon district, followed by a lazy mid morning trip to a local pub.

I then dropped by bags at the hotel, near the Tower of London, and headed out to enjoy the weather with a run through the city. I took to tube to Embankment, ran along the Thames to Big Ben/Parliament/Westminster, then headed up through St. James Park, Green Park (Buckingham Palace), and into Hyde Park. Everyone was out enjoying the day, lounging on the thousands of lawn chairs set up in all the parks or on picnic blankets.








After retracing my steps and getting back to the hotel to shower, I headed out to Convent Garden for a fantastic dinner and then walked along the Thames where there was an insane festival going on...imagine Madri Gras or Carnival taking place in London and you've got the Thames Festival!









All in all, a fantastic day to enjoy London and get ready for a week of meetings!

No comments: