Saturday, May 24, 2008

Back to Blogging!

Whew! 4 months without posting, I am the shame of the blogging world. But, I'm back in action and have a lot to catch up on! But first a little time to reflect/confess on why I dissapeared for a little while. I wish I could say it was because I was traveling all over Europe and the world and was busy having so much fun. While there were definitely a lot of fun times...the majority of it was that I lost my perspective.

What do I mean by that? Well...any of you who know me at all, know that I tend to push myself a little too hard and don't really accept anything short of "perfection" from myself. Well, the job I have here is managing a project that is far from perfect and at the beginning of the year I inherited a new, more complicated part of the project and in the middle of a huge organizational change. Instead of accepting that this is a normal situation in the business world, I pretty much freaked out and started working insane hours trying to figure out the "perfect" solution, worrying about work all the time, withdrawing from spending time with friends, not exercising as much because I was so exhausted, not eating well, etc....basically obsessed with work to a point where I was making myself sick. And then, to make matters worse I started looking at all the things that were wrong with my life instead of all the things that are right with it.

Thankfully I had a lot of great friends and family here and back in the US who stood by me through all this mess, constantly encouraging me and speaking Truth into my life. And thankfully, I've finally been able to see that God was using this situation to teach me more about Himself and reveal some of the areas in my life that I need to work on. I had to depend on God's strength and God's grace to get me through each day Believing that every circumstance in my life is under His soveirgn control and is working together for my good. Trusting that God never wastes an experience.

They say you learn more about yourself through adversity and challenges and I could not agree more. And while these were tough lessons to learn, I am grateful for them. And grateful that I'm back to feeling myself and back to exloring Scandinavia..Europe...and the world. Now to catch you all up on the past few months....


1 comment:

Kara said...

Coincidence that you made your return on my birthday?? I think not!