Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!

O'brien's restaurant in Old Town hosted their first annual Halloween 5K on Thursday. While it technically was a 5K, we had a guide who taught us all about haunted Chicago so we stopped about every quarter mile. But, before the festivities began, there was the issue of the costume contest. I got 2nd with the banana costume, made famous by my younger sister. Sato-san (one of my favorite coworkers!) got 3rd with his sailor costume.
And the big winner was my friend Stephanie as a deviled egg - egg costume with devil horns and a pitchfork - so creative!
After the spooky run, it was back to O'brien's for food/drink specials and a raffle. We were all winners - tshirts, hats, gift certificates - but I think Sato-san was the big winner with a hideous orange and black O'brien's tie complete with pictures of crabs, pasta bowls, and pianos - which he proudly sported at work the next day - hilarious!
A fantastic night and I highly recommend all you Chicagoans run it next year!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good pictures!
We had a wonderful time with you guys,thank you very
much!
Next year,I will wear no-heal shoes :) !
Naoko