Sunday, December 12, 2010

Takashi!!!

Kelly and I headed to Takashi tonight to celebrate a great 2010! Why Takashi? Of course because it was made famous by illustrious restaurant reviewer Anisha A on Chicago's very own Check Please! (Chicago readers stay tuned for the "official" tv debut on Feb 11).
We had prepared by eating light all day so do not be alarmed by the copious amount of small plates consumed.

Sadly this out of focus picture does not do the pork belly snack justice - to die for!Shashimi Tuna SaladSteamed Shumai - delicious!
Ebi Harumaki
Duck fat fried chicken...we didn't order it at first but they saw it at the table next to us and were too jealous not to taste...AMAZING!
Sundays are a special menu day with noodle soups as the feature main dish. Kel had a ramen and I had a udon noodle with tempura - delicious!
No meal complete without dessert! Soy coconut panna catta for me!
And green tea gingerbread with mango sorbet for Kelly.
Excellent night and I think we just made trying out fun new restaurants a monthly event :-)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Hey Christy!! Thanks so much for putting me on your blog list :-) Hope you're doing well!
Lisa xo

Melissa M. said...

Looks yummers. Don't you ever feel like a dork taking all those pictures in restaurants? I do it sometimes but I usually feel a little bit lame.