Thursday, July 12, 2012

The New "Old White House"

Since you (you being my few loyal readers :-) ) got a tour of the coach house last week, I figured you deserved a tour of the actual house itself.  My mom dubbed the house "The Old White House" and as you can read here, there was some serious work put in over the past year+ to bring it to where it is now.
Upon entering the front door you have the option to go straight upstairs, hang a left to the kitchen, or a right to the family room.

The family room/dining room has a great view of the lake with 3 sets of large double doors.
A bird's eye view....
While we're up here, let's take a look at the master suite...also with a great view of the lake.
I love the original "windows" (they open up to look out down on the family room) that were kept from the old house.

A quick peek at the upstairs bathroom....
Back downstairs, there is a nice den off the family room.

There have been a few updates to this room since I took this picture, but all in all it is pretty much the same.

There are 2 bedrooms downstairs.  One that my sister swears is haunted, but I think she is nuts!
The other is apparently free of ghosts, but a horrible quality picture as I forgot to snap a new one last week.  I also forgot to take pictures of the 2 bathrooms downstairs...will need to post updates soon!
The bedroom above opens up into the kitchen.


I think we all agree that the best part of the house is the front porch where we spend many mornings enjoying coffee and watching everyone walk along the lake path...and many evenings having long dinners also enjoying the lake.
When we're not out front you can find us on the side patio.
And here is the view I've been talking so much about...not too shabby :-)

2 comments:

Kara said...

Looks amazing! Well worth all of the work!

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh, that looks like a house from a magazine. WHOE. beautiful.