Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Big D

My team headed to Dallas for the week....a nice break from the Chicago temperatures despite a cool March for Dallas.  On Monday night I got to go over to the Talley's house and hang out with Anne and Matt for a few hours.  Unfortunately I had to work a little late, so I didn't get to meet Lilah and Luke, but got to see lots of pictures.  
 For lunch on Tuesday, Balint and I headed over to the food trucks in the park.
 I highly recommend The Butcher's Son.
Wednesday was Ash Wednesday so Paul (my relational partner at the firm) and I went to The Cathedral of the Virgin Guadalupe for mass.  It was a beautiful service and a gorgeous cathedral.




Then it was back to the food trucks for lunch!
 The new park built over the highway.
I wish I had felt comfortable photographing every course of dinner on Wednesday night.  We went to Stephen Pyles and it was fantastic.  It was an excellent meal that started with a ceviche sampler, followed by pear and kale salad, then halibut with baby grilled octopus, and finished off with beigets and espresso creme brulee.

Thursday it was back to The Butcher's Son food truck.  I went with the Sante Fe chicken sausage again, but also got 2 sliders - Mac&Beefy (Brisket with a cube of mac and cheese) and Southern Hospitality (southern fried chicken and mashed potatoes).

Chris got the famous lime tots....and shared his tots....
 And no trip to Texas is complete without Blue Bell ice cream which Carol got us a pint of.  So clearly I ate my way through Dallas....good thing I hit the gym twice on my trip.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Dang that all sounds so good. Yum!!

Brooke said...

I cannot believe your visit to Dallas did not get to include a visit with us. Still bummed about that. But you hit some of my favorites. Glad you had a great visit to my hometown!