Friday, August 24, 2007

Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad!!!

After a great stay in DC, I headed to Chicago and Wisconsin for the "main event" of my vacation - my parent's 40th wedding anniversary!

I flew into Chicago and my mom and I headed to The Berghoff which is one of Chicago's oldest restaurants (107 years) and is where my sister Kelly works in event planning. After that we were off to shopping on Michigan Avenue - gotta take advantage of being paid in kroner when the dollar is so low! Later that night we met back up with Kelly for dinner in Lakeview a great neighborhood in Chicago where my sister lives. From there it was up to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin...where my parents now live.

In between party preparation I was able to spend plenty of time enjoying one of my favorite places - the lake! Up early to ski every morning, days spent out of the boat, jet skiing, para sailing, swimming, and hanging out on the pier.










The big event...

and Tim started things out right by bring bringing the Sol!

My parents has spent months planning this party...which was on a steamship boat called the Louise. They had people over to the house beforehand for appetizers and it was fantastic to see so many of their friends!


Despite the rain, and thankfully Bobby and Susan had a spare tent to set up, it was a lot of fun! Granny even came up with her own way to stay dry!


Kelly and I put together a surprise slide show for mom and dad. Everyone came back to the house afterwards to watch and enjoy a delicious cake made by Chon...the cake maker where Kelly works - both were a big hit!


I guess all that is left to say is....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! HERE'S TO MANY MORE!!!

No comments: