Thursday, August 23, 2007

Home Leave!

Being an expat you are given one "home leave" a year...which means that the company will pay for one trip home a year...a nice perk and a great vacation! I did a terrible job taking pictures during my first part of the trip...which was a five days in DC.

Aaron picked me up and brought over a fabulous picnic that we enjoyed in the typical DC summer heat...which was a great change of pace from the cooler, rainy Danish summer!


We headed to McLean for the last summer Gathering...the college ministry I used to volunteer with . They had a post service BBQ where Jeff and Aaron showed off their skills.


I spent a few nights at Stephanie and Matt's house....and we all headed over to a fantastic dinner at Amie and Alex's where I got to see Sophie for the 2nd time this year (I first met her when she was only 5 days old!)

And that ends the photo part of the tour...but other great parts of the trip were...

  • Jeff and I headed to Goddard to see the Wake Forest University alumni softball team (that I used to play for) play in the opening round of the CAN softball tournament...they won...GO DEACS!!!
  • Frontline at McLean Bible Church...where I got to see James, Rachael, Micah, Jess, and Michelle...among others.
  • Quality hang out time with Stacey...can't wait to see her again in Europe in November!
  • I went back to Maersk Line, Limited to see my former colleagues...and Susan and I did some power shopping in Reston afterwards!
  • Dinner with Erin Norris and Sheila Dillon...and I even got to meet Erin's dog Rufus!
  • And what trip to DC would be complete with out heading to Rio with Kara for some excellent Mexican food...which I miss very very much in Copenhagen, they haven't quite mastered yet.

And then...it was off to the Midwest....


No comments: