Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Best Few Hours in Mexico!

Most times I go down to Mexico, I am always traveling back home on Sundays, so I have only been to church down there once. But, we were so fortunate that on Saturday we were able to join Family of God Church to help them host a Christmas celebration for the barrios. Here are Lynne and I after setting up our craft table. As you will see from future pictures we had to switch to two tables because the crafts were a huge hit!
These kids were amazingly happy, polite, and fun. It was so fun to watch them look out for their little brothers and sisters, share supplies, etc. Plus, I loved being able to communicate with them....Lynne's Spanish also seemed to miraculously improve during her time with the kiddos.

Dottie (red shirt) is a great family friend who actually introduced my parents to Puerto Penasco. She and her mom, Dorothy, were down at the same time we were. It was actually Dottie who invited us to this fantastic event - thanks Dottie!!
Lynne with one of her favorites....she certainly was the craft master. (please note that Lynne and I were sweating in tank tops and these kids were in fleece!!!)
I just loved watching these kids be creative....precious...
Not only were their crafts and games, but the locals had put together some skits. Here are two little shepherds!
And my favorite little angel....
The high school group did an incredibly powerful drama to Lifehouse's Everything. (I highly recommend you go to You Tube and search for the "Lifehouse Everything Skit" - amazing). The kids did an amazing job!
This video is from the very end - the triumph. Basically, the synopsis of the skit is the girl starts off dancing with Jesus, then Satan comes and entices her, followed by several different "vices" (drugs, appearance, alcohol, etc). Then, she is considering suicide and Jesus is trying to get to her through the vices. Finally, as you'll see below, he fights them off and defeats them.

No comments: