Wednesday, December 23, 2009

(new!) Home for the Holidays

On Monday I officially became an adult - how so? I closed on my first condo!!! I've been looking since May and finally found "the" place. My requirements were rather specific - Old Town neighborhood, no more than 5 story building, garage, 2 BR/ 2 Bath, etc. The place I bought ended up exceeding my expectations - 3 BR / 2 Bath (at a 2BR price, love being a buyer in this market!!!) and is exactly what I was looking for.

After closing, I met my parents and sister for champagne! And, as you can see from below, we were already busy picking out new paint colors. The floor guys are busy at work right now and I hope to move in right before the New Year.
Since I have nothing but paint samples at my place, we were off to Quartino's for an excellent dinner.
I love this place....Italian, small plate style, great wine and great decor. Check out the unique old school soap dispensers - powdered soap comes out.




















Thanks Mom, Dad, and Kel for all your help over these past few months...can't wait for many more fun dinners in the city!

3 comments:

Kara said...

Congrats! And I approve of those colors... you can select which one graces the walls of my room. Oh - since I can't have a shag rug in our bedroom here (thanks to the adorable AB), can you go ahead and have one laid on those hardwoods there in my Chi-town bedroom? Thanks.

emily rietz said...

congratulations! i am so thrilled for you!

stephanie said...

Congrats Christy! I am soooo very happy for you. I am excited to be neighbors too, we go from suburban neighbors to Old Town neighbors! CONGRATS!!