Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cleansing!

Since I am a Core Power program junkie, I decided to do the Wellness Cleanse...after being convinced by Elese of course! The Wellness Cleanse focuses on clean eating, ayurveda, and includes a 3 day liquid phase.
Clean Eating: No caffeine, alcohol, gluten, dairy, meat, soy, sugar, chocolate.
Ayurveda: Yoga's sister science focuses on food as an alternate form of medicine. You eat for the season - for example in winter we should be eating more warm foods. You eat for your dosha...figure out your dosha with this link.
The bounty for my shopping this weekend!
What I made!
Substituted pine nuts for almonds. SO GOOD!
Elese supplied this recipe...I didn't have cauliflower, so I substituted sweet potato and yellow potato. Delicious!
I didn't really follow the recipe, just threw the 3 ingredients in and sauteed.

No comments: