Monday, December 31, 2012

An Alaskan Adventure

After Christmas I headed up to Alaska for a quick adventure and to visit my very good friend Daron.  I was lucky to find a ticket on airline miles, always a bonus when booking a last minute flight.
 On my first day there we headed to Tulkeetna, which is the gateway to Denali and were lucky to see the mountain!  Apparently it is usually masked in clouds.
 Then it was time to hit the trails for some snow shoeing!

 We were always surrounded by great mountain views....


 Sadly we didn't get to go downhill skiing due to some very warm weather (over 40 degrees) that was passing through Anchorage.  So, I guess I'll just have to go back to hit the slopes another time :-)

Thanks for a great trip Daron!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Shouldn't that say 'another' great trip?! You guys have had some amazing ones!!