Saturday, December 8, 2012

Portland, Maine

I'm a little late with this post, but the memories are still fresh from when my mom and I went to Portland, Maine a few months ago.  I had a conference for work so we flew out on the weekend to be able to enjoy some of the sites together before I had to get to work.

From the airport we headed south along the coast to a town called Ogunquit where apparently they take life one claw at a time. 
My mom had read about a place called The Lobster Pound where they have fresh Maine lobsters. 
We had them steamed and walked down the coastal path until we found a bench to enjoy our feast....delicious!




 After lunch we headed down the coastal path and ran across a lot of people surfing.
Then it was off to Kennebunkport to walk around the quaint seaside town... 
...and enjoy a drink overlooking the harbor!
The following day we checked out some of the lighthouses around Portland, because really, no trip to Maine is complete without touring a few lighthouses!
 

A gorgeous part of the country that I'm glad I got to share with my mom!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Oooh such a scenic area! I want to go up there someday... until then I will live vicariously through your pictures. So fun.