Thursday, June 12, 2008

Basketball Tournament

It's hard to believe how quickly the season went by...but by the middle of March it was time for the end of the season tournament for the middle school girl's team that I was coaching. Now...I don't think we traveled more than about 30miles for my middle school basketball team, we didn't even go to Wisconsin which is less than a 2hr drive from where I grew up. Well, such is not the life for International Schools....we headed to The Hague for a long weekend!
The team and other coaches took a 12hr bus ride, but I opted to fly...I had the excuse of work (which was very true especially having just gotten back from Kara's wedding) but it was a nice quick flight and I think it might just have been the better way to arrive :) We stayed at a cute little bed and breakfast right on the water.
It was two and a half days of basketball. My girls played their hardest but we were a little outmatched and didn't do as well as we had hoped. But they did earn the trophy for "Most Sportsmanlike" team, so all was not lost.

1 comment:

Kara said...

Hey - I say "most sportsmanlike team" is a pretty big deal - what a great lesson for the girls to learn! I love that. Must have been their coach...