Saturday, August 2, 2008

5 reasons why I love the Boat Bar

1. Location Location Location!
It's a bar...on a boat...in Nyhavn...what's not to love?

2. Something crazy is guarenteed to happen
Today I went to watch the Tri-Nations Championship. The Tri-Nations is a rugby tournament between the Southern Hemisphere rugby teams - New Zealand, Australia, and South Africa. I was a little late as I did the time conversion wrong thinking the game was being played in OZ instead of NZ. When I got there some of my favorite men from the southern hemisphere - Calum (SAF), Kevin (NZL), and Grant (AUS) - had already come up with a prank to play on our friend Jody. Jody was going on a canal tour with his new girlfriend LeAnn and the boys decided they were going to moon him.
After meticulously diagraming the lettering (wish I would have taken a picture of the scrap of paper where they had drawn out the plan) they used red marker to spell out "Hi Jody." It was decided that I needed to take a picture so they could preview the spectacal...afterwhich we all decided they needed black marker to add definition. Good thing they checked - disaster averted. Liz and I were extra entertainment for the people touring, donning Russian captain hats and waving flowers. This tour group certainly got more than they paid for. We decided that next time we'll hire a car and travel from spot to spot along the tour (Little Mermaid, Christianshavn canals, etc).
3. I get to bartend
Okay, this is Grant not me, but things got pretty busy and we all had to chip in. I was walking around picking up empty glasses and a group of German ladies called me over to order. You typically have to walk up to the bar to order, but hey why not give some added service?! I stuck to the "simple drinks" while Grant made a crazy concoction for a guy on a bachelor party.

4. Dudley

Dudley was at home today, but he is a fantastic old yellow lab who hangs out on the boat most days.

5. Drive Thru Service

Again no picture because I was on the phone...but a big sailboat was headed out of the harbor and had to wait for the bridge to go up, so they moored up next to us and enjoyed a cider while they waited...now that is service!

Ah summertime in Denmark :)

1 comment:

Kara said...

Not EXACTLY sure how I feel about this... doesn't the AUS contingency of this story have like a one-week old baby boy (and tired wife) waiting for him at home while he's busy mooning a passing tour boat? Not to mention how proud his little son will be when he learns that his dad was mooning tourists a mere week after his own birth. Tell Grant to get back to Bo! :-)