Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Bo...part deux

I popped over to Nikki and Grant's today to check up on my favorite young Aussie...Bo. He was doing well...was about to take a nap, but stayed up a little while to welcome me. He was all "swaddled"...I think this is almost cruelty to the poor kiddo (especially because he really wants to stuff his fists in his hands) but Nikki and her sister assured me this is common practice in the land down under.While Bo feasted, the adults enjoyed some drinks and appitizers. We kept an eye on Grant to ensure he didn't mix up the formula with the Fosters!

2 comments:

Kara said...

DUDE... LOVE your nailpolish! Very chic! (oh, and cute cute baby Aussie - I think it's funny that if he learns to talk in CPH, he won't have an accent!!)

Anonymous said...

Swaddling is common everywhere. I think Britt told me that the reason for swaddling is to help babies rest better. When they're that young, their arm and leg movements are still very involuntary. So when they are tired, and their arms and legs are swinging around, the movement keeps waking them up. It's better to keep them contained, so they get good sleep. Makes sense, huh?