Thursday, September 25, 2008

Art...Brazilian/Norwegian Stye!

My dear friend Cecilia works at an art gallery in Copenhagen (Mogadishni) and they had an opening for a Norwegian artist that I went to check out. It was very interesting, not my typical scene! The art was all pretty modern, which usually isn't extremely intereting to me. This artist painted with bright, neon colors and did futuristic city scapes. The most intestesting piece was one were he has been collecting the color labels (the things that are like bar codes on products but instead indicate the correct color to be used) and he made a futuristic city by pasting these label onto cannisters.
Cecilia's dad had just arrived from Brazil and it was fantastic to meet him at the gallery. Afterwards we went to an amazing Vietnamese restuarant in Vesterbro (I went back the next night before seeing Mama Mia - which was so fun!) which was pretty popular with everyone from the gallery as we saw a lot of them there.

No comments: