Saturday, May 30, 2009

Back to Blogging

Yep...I'm back! Why was I MIA for so long? Well, I wish I had a cool and exciting reason - like I was on a cruise down to Antarctica to see the penguins or I was backpacking around South America en route to Machu Picchu and didn't have internet access - but I don't.

Basically, March and April were just hard months of adjustment for me. Adjusting to life back in the US (sure, I've been back since December, but the first few months were a whirlwind), adjusting the my new job, trying to build a network of friends (and having little patience in the process), and just overall being in a "funk" because I didn't really expect this transition to be this hard.

But, it was and is, and while I've fought it a lot, I know that it has helped me to grow. And while I would like to say that I have fully adopted Paul's mantra of "I have learned to be content in all circumstances" (Phil 4:11), I can't say I'm quite there yet, though I am a little further down that road.

So here's to embracing the next chapter of my life....looking forward to seeing what is in store! But first...an update on what I've been up to the past few months.....

No comments: