Sunday, September 13, 2009

Another Great Weekend

Last weekend was pretty fabulous...but thankfully this weekend didn't disappoint.
Jenny (who I have been friends with since we were 5) and Jannick were in town, so we met up with Anisha and Jeff at Cafe Iberico for amazing tapas.
Saturday morning Paulo had a bike race in Willow Springs and while he raced on to a 3rd place finish (Parabens Paulo!!!), I ran through the gorgeous forest preserve. Then it was off to Clarke'sfor the Wake Forest/Stanford game. The Deacs pulled off a last second victory - GO DEACS!!!!
Afterwards, Jen and I headed to the East Bank Club - one of Chicago's premiere health clubs for some R&R on the rooftop deck. NICE!
After some sun, steam, and sauna (I swear, the EBC has THE BEST steam room...and I have been in a lot!), it was off to Spa Night with the ladies!!! (see separate post for more details)
Sunday morning, after washing and waxing my car, I headed to Jill's baby shower. Jill and I have been friends since 7th grade and it was wonderful to see her family and some old friends from high school.
The hostess's did a fabulous job and we had a gorgeous day! Can't wait to meet baby Fitz!
As if the weekend wasn't good enough already, I was then back down to Chicago to hang out with Jenny on her family's boat in Burnham Harbor (outside of Soldier Field) for a pre-party to the U2 concert. Fun times! (no, sadly I did not go to the U2 concert).
Then it was back home to watch the Bears/Packer's game.
I can't wait for next weekend in San Diego in Leslie!!!

No comments: