Monday, February 16, 2009

Escaping to the Sunshine

As many can tell you, I am pretty good at extending work trips into personal trips and I wasted no time in doing that in my new job. I had to head out to Long Beach for a 1.5 day meeting, which I extended into 10days in Southern California - not bad especially when I was escaping the cold early Feb weather in Chicago. It wasn't over a week of play as I did work the whole week in Long Beach, however I flew out the Friday before and headed down to San Diego to see my good friend and traveling buddy Leslie!

She drove up to the Long Beach airport on Friday night to pick me up and on the way down to San Diego we stopped a fun, oceanside restaurant for happy hour margs and fish tacos - yum!

After a lazy Saturday morning, Leslie had a baby shower to go to. Though I was graciously invited, I decided to skip out and enjoy the beautiful day (not too hard of a decision). I walked about 6/7 miles to mission beach and camped out on a grassy hill in the sunshine until Leslie came and picked me up.
Next up - Mexican for dinner! Is there really another choice in San Diego?

We followed that by going to see Slumdog Millionaire and enjoying some frozen yogurt.
Sunday was a delicious brunch followed by the STA Superbowl party. From there, I headed back up to Long Beach ready for a week of work after such a fun and relaxing weekend. Thanks Les!

No comments: