Friday, February 20, 2009

Nature's Goodness

On Saturday morning we headed to the Santa Barbara Farmer's Market. I love farmer's markets and could not have been happier wandering through the aisles of fresh produce, cheeses, flowers, and herbs. My favorite booth was the honey booth where they sold tiny swizzle sticks for a quarter each - mmmm! How great would it be if this was my basket for my very own weekend trip to the market? Then we were off to Tupelo Junction Cafe. It was such a cute place and the food was amazing!
No trip to Santa Barbara is complete without a visit to wine country, so we were off to the Santa Ynez Valley. First stop Firestone. Next stop Curtis - where they had some great artwork...and vino!
We met a little storm on the way back that created a really beautiful skyline.
We stopped for appetizers...and maybe I had another glass of wine...at the Los Olivos Cafe. I highly recommend the Baked Brie with Honey Roasted Hazelnuts in Cinnamon Puff Pastry with Port Syrup.
Thanks for a fabulous weekend LB! Hope to be back soon!!!

No comments: