Tuesday, January 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

2 big events today...one is that it is 1-11-11 and two is that it is my dad's birthday! We all think that given the crazy date he needs to go to buy a lottery ticket or something because he must be lucky!What can I say about Bob - everyone who knows him loves him! He is such a hard worker and taught me that a little hard work never hurt anyone.... (enjoying the park he worked so hard on by hosting a corn roast)
But...he also taught me that when you work hard, you deserve to play hard and the best place to play is in the sun and near water!
And the second best place to play is on the snowmobile trail!
Thankfully I did not inherit my fashion sense from him...but I did learn an openness and enjoyment of meeting with new people...and telling them long drawn out stories ;-)
While I got my need for travel from mom and he doesn't like to travel too far, he did make the trip out to Copenhagen to visit me.
Despite the fact that neither he nor mom passed on any musical talent to me and Kel, he still loves good music - here we are before the Zac Brown Band concert last summer!
We love you - Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Erin Folan said...

It's clear that Bob's a hard worker. Aside from the park you highlighted, do you see that tan??!!? He works at that endlessly.

Kara said...

That last picture needs to be framed. What a moment with his two adoring daughters... seriously, that is fabulous! And with the blue water in the background, could it get anymore "Bob"?

Glad you omitted a note (and, heaven forbid, a picture) of his feet/toes. Those are also Bob-trademarks but no one needs to see them.

Unknown said...

We love Bob! What a great tribute to your awesome dad, CP! Happy birthday to the most hilarious Bob I know! :)