Monday, January 31, 2011

Around the World in 36 days!

In terms of exotic travel and spending time visiting so many great friends, I didn't think it would get much better than the Fall of 2008...but this upcoming 5 weeks is going to be amazing!First up is vacation in the land down under! After meeting up with Leslie in LA, we fly to Sydney for a few days and then a week exploring north Queensland. I'm most excited about diving in the Great Barrier Reef!
After finishing our tour in Cairns, I'm off to Tokyo for an overnight (made the flight cheaper). Our company HQ is there and one of my coworkers who is now in Chicago has arranged for a friend of his to take me around the UENO district.

Then off to Beijing to see the Great Wall, Tien an Men Square, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and more!Next stop Shanghai to see Kendrick and Gina ...and to meet Magnus!

Then the vacation is over, but not the fun as I head to Hong Kong for a week of work and to see Paulo and Patrick.

Last stop - India - a new country for me! I meet up with Ann in Delhi and we head to Agra to see the Taj Majal before heading to Mumbai for work. Daniel and Sylvie...friends from Copenhagen...are also in Mumbai so hopefully we'll get to play some Mexicanos!
Then Ann and I are off to Hyderabad for a few days before she heads to Kolkata and I head to Chennai to visit our IT centers. We meet back up in the Frankfurt to fly back to the U.S. of A.

Lots and lots of pictures to come!!!

5 comments:

carolyn said...

Oh my goodness!!! Christy your travel plans sound amazing!! Trip of a lifetime and so cool you'll get to spend good time with wonderful friends along the way - I am excited to live vicariously through you and follow your adventures :) have a blast! Thinking of you!

Parker said...

When you get back we must start planning our adventure!!

http://www.designspongeonline.com/2011/02/dunedin-new-zealand-guide.html

Melissa M. said...

I like that you are going from one of the least populous countries to the two most populous countries. Very thorough.

emily rietz said...

Wowzers. Super impressive, friend. Have fun and be safe!

the fuquays said...

wow - you are amazing! i'll be happy if i make it to the grocery store in the next 5 weeks! enjoy your trip CP - can't wait to see pictures when you return.