Monday, July 25, 2011

HKG Skyline

Although Hong Kong is not on my list of favorite cities, it does have one heck of a skyline. Here is a day view of the island from my hotel on Kowloon.


A couple of night views from my hotel room...


Night views from the place Tamura-san, Kimura-san, Patrick and I went to dinner one night.

The top of Victoria Peak gives the best views of the island, so one night I took the cable car up.
In the late 1800s there were 30-40 families calling Victoria Peak home and it was not extremely accesible. In 1888, the Peak Tram became the first cable funicular in Asia, extending 1,350 metres and connecting five intermediate stations.


Despite it being an overcast day, the views looking over Hong Kong Island and Kowloon were spectacular.


View of the backside of the Peak...all the cargo ships waiting to get into Hong Kong Terminal.


I think that view is a great way to say goodbye to Hong Kong...and on to India...!

No comments: