Saturday, July 30, 2011

Last stop!

The last stop on my trip was Chennai/Madras...a brief stop and I was so exhausted I didn't do much but go into the office and hang around my hotel. Coincidentally, my friend Meredith's mom was in Chennai for a conference at at a hotel less than a mile from me, so I hailed an auto rickshaw and joined her group for a delicious dinner!

Other than that, I saw St Thomas Basilica on my drive in from the airport as my cab driver was insistant that I see some sights. It was beautiful and my pictures do not do it justice.
There was a mass going on so we only peeked inside...we were behind the alter and at the bottom of the crucifix there were a couple gorgeously painted peacock statues...never seen that image before!
And then it was Chennai to Frankfurt to Chicago...completing an amazing around the world journey!

No comments: