Saturday, February 22, 2014

Authentic Japanese

I met up with a former work colleague, Mukai san, for dinner this week.  My only requests were that we go to an authentic Japanese restaurant and that he do all the ordering.  Success!  We went to Cocoro and it was fantastic.
Mukai ordered a bunch of "tapas style" food....which I failed to photograph...that included eggplant, bamboo root, fried chicken, oyster stew, and dumplings.  Then we had a beef hot pot - delicious!
I had to photograph the great origami skills of Mukai who made a "chop stick pillow" out of the paper that had held the chop sticks.
The craziest thing about the evening was that there was a big party at the table behind us and I looked over and said "that guy looks a lot like Nishina san (another former colleague)" and it was!  So great to see him too!
And who doesn't love a restaurant where green tea ice cream is included in the meal :-)

1 comment:

BB said...

nice...seems you guys had a good time..!