Saturday, June 2, 2007

My Apartment

After a little over a month of living in corporate housing, I moved into my apartment. My container arrived early in the morning and the movers arrived shortly. They certainly earned their money carrying all my stuff up to the 5th (top) floor of my 100yr old building without an elevator. I was unpacking as quickly as I could so they could take the empty boxes down with them...however I was not quick enough and as you can see, unpacking generates a lot of extra paper!


I've finally gotten pretty close to moved in. Still have to hang my pictures and curtains. The bedroom curtains are starting to be an issue because the days are getting so long here - so I'm sure I'll get myself in gear soon!

This is the courtyard of my building. There is a "back door" in my kitchen (complete with an antique looking key) that leads down this insanely narrow winding staircase into the courtyard. i go down these steps to take the trash down to the bins and sometimes to hang my sheets on the communal clotheslines.


Below are some pictures of my apartment. The bathroom and kitchen have heated floors..quite nice in the winter!
















No comments: