Monday, October 27, 2008

24hr in Milan

Though it seems like a short amount of time to see such a big city, I actually covered a lot of ground. Especially thanks to the bike that came with my hotel room. I arrived at night and treated myself to a Campari and a salad at Savini...a "landmark" in Milan near the Duomo.
The Duomo by night is gorgeous. It is the 3rd largest church in the world and boasts more than 3400 statues, 135 spires, and 96 gargoyles.
Sunday I woke up early...really early given that we turned the clocks back that night. I headed out to the Castello Sforzesco and enjoyed the fall colors and smells in the gardens.
Then it was off to the Navigli district where I was plesantly surprised by the largest flea market I have ever scene. I hunted through piles of stones to get some great necklaces as well as a vintage winter coat. I know, I know..I don't need anymore winter coats, but I couldn't help myself!
I checked out of my hotel, turned in the bike, and explored the rest of the city by foot. I happened upon a park where lots of locals were watching their dogs...so I got a cappachino, sat down, and made some new four legged friends.Later I did some window shopping on Corso MonteNapoleone where the new designer fashions are unveiled and just enjoying wantering through the streets. I am a big fan of Milan, which I really wasn't expecting.

For all the pics from Italy, click here.

No comments: