Saturday, October 4, 2008

Plumtucker!!!

Well, my long awaited October has officially begun! Yipee! It started with me heading to London for a few days. I met up with David for dinner at Wagamama's! Then commenced the night of Wagamama hopping...David was looking for a t-shirt for Ruby, so we hit up 3 different Wagamamas, but to no avail.
Then it was off to Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese for beers. Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese is one of the oldest pubs in London...and survived the great London fire. It was home to a lot of the greats...Dickens, Yeats, etc.
Thursday night was the "main event" - a real live Plumtucker concert! I haven't seen David play since Shorty's at WFU and he was absolutely amazing!
It was a night of me and the Texans (all too familiar for me!)...Julie Wareing Aldrich lives in London as does Shannon Watkins Catlettt. Leslie Overstreet was in London for a wedding (congrats Melanie!) and Thursday was her only free night!
I should be used to this by now, but it always amazes me how quickly things fall into place when you see old friends. I had not seen Shannon since she graduated in 2000, Julie since her wedding about 4 yrs ago, David since Brooke and Lee's wedding 2 yrs ago, and Les I had seen when she came to visit a year ago.
I took some videos of David but can't get them to load...I'll keep trying because he is so fantastic in concert! Congratulations David, I'm so proud of you!

2 comments:

B.Watts said...

I love Wagamama's!

Xander Samuel Lewis said...

Wow! I am so jealous... just catching up on blogs- can't believe you were all in London at the same time! That is sweet!!! :) Love you friend!