Monday, October 27, 2008

Genoa...Italian Style!

What constitutes as Italian style? Riding around town on the back of a scooter of course!

I was in Genoa for a short work trip and stayed through Saturday night. Days again were filled with workshops and post-its. Kati, Rasmus, and I went to a great restaurant (da Rina) where the maitre d' treated us to magic shows.On Friday night I met up with Marco, a friend of Cecila's from when she studied there for a year. He picked me up via scooter and then we walked through the historic district where Marco taught me a lot about Genoa's history...different epochs of design, unfinished churches due to lack of funding, etc.On Saturday moring we met again and cruised up and down the coast via scooter visiting little fishing villages.We also went to a chocolate factory on a tiny side street in Genoa. The wicker baskets stacked on the left are different chocolates.Saturday afternoon I was off to Serravalle, an outlet mall that several collegues had told me about. My best find...a pair of black leather Salvadore Ferragamo boots...originally 430Euros...sale 77Euros!! Then it was back to Genoa to pick up my bags and catch the train to Milan.

No comments: