Saturday, October 4, 2008

Progressive Dinner

Last night Katie, Claudiu, and I hosted a progressive dinner for our department. Almost everyone could attend...which meant 22 people crowded into Katie and my apartments...everyone had plenty of room at Claudiu's!

Katie kicked the night off with appitizers...which included a delicious dish made with haggis! Katie is Scotish - obviously...who else would have a recipie for haggis?? If you don't know what haggis is DO NOT look it up...if you do, I swear it was really good!

Then it was to my house for dinner. I made salad, bread, and two kinds of baked ziti. I still don't quite see how 22...actually 23 because my neighbor joined us...people fit, rather comfortably, into my apartment.Claus and I know how much Mattias loves his frilly drinks so we made him a special cocktail!Time for dinner!!

We recently had a contest in Centre Sales to see who could guess how many nationalities are represented...25! Well, 12 of those are from my department...Danish, Polish, Romanian, Indian, Chinese, Australian, Scotish, Italian, Indonesian, French, Colombian, and American.Next stop was Claudiu and Janina's mansion for desert! Janina had this rock-like looking thing that when you poured hot water over it, blossomed into a flower and green tea.

Our wonderful hostess also made these amazing lemon sorbets in orange skins! Dorota and I have decided that we are moving in...Janina and Claudiu can feed and house us in exchange for free childcare!
Here's to a super evening with great colleagues and friends!

No comments: