Saturday, August 1, 2009

6th Annual Girl's Weekend

Memorial Day 2009 marked the 6th annual Girl's Weekend with my dear friends from Wake Forest (Go Deacs!). I've missed the past two years since I was living overseas, so I was extra excited for this year's gathering in Dallas! We switch around destinations and since there was a wedding in Dallas that 2 of us were attending we decided to visit the Big D where we'd all spent lots of time together at weddings and showers.

One thing that never changes is our love for Mexican Train. We spend hours around the table catching up over dominoes. This year we joked that since as 30 year olds we act about as wild as 60 year olds, maybe when we're 60 we'll be staying out all night dancing at the bars!The official Girl's Weekend rules are no kiddos unless they are still nursing, but since we were in Dallas this year - which is home to several grandparents - we were able to relax that rule a little. I got to meet the energetic and spunky Ruby with whom I share the middle name of Louise. I also got to meet George and can't wait to meet his older brother Sam some day!Trying to get all the kids together for a picture in the park proved to be a little challenging...I missed you Cara and Marge, but what a treat to get to see Em, Andrea, Emily, Brooke, Mary, Carolyn, and Laura!!!Also see great posts from our relaxing weekend by Andrea, Emily, and Xander!

No comments: