Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Favorite Place

I've done a fair amount of traveling, yet my favorite place still remains Lake Geneva, Wisconsin where I have been going since before I can even remember. (I guess I should "footnote" that comment - the lake is my favorite US destination...I'm still obsessed with Croatia as an international destination!). Lake Geneva is less than 2hr from Chicago and my parents bought a summer home there over 30 years ago. They loved it so much that they made it their full time home about 4 years ago after they sold their home in the Chicago suburbs.
They live in an association called Oakwood Estates which consists of about 3 blocks of houses that all share the same lakefront and pier. Most of the families live in the Chicago suburbs and own summer homes at the lake and many of them have been here as long or longer than us, so it really is like a second family. We spend many lazy afternoons hanging out at the end of the pier or around bonfires eating, laughing, and enjoying each other's company.

And of course, there is the lake to enjoy - water skiing, wave runners, swimming, boating - love it!

1 comment:

emily rietz said...

that is gorgeous...thanks for sharing your favorite place!