Friday, August 7, 2009

Groupies

My mom once mentioned that she would love to see Van Morrison play - so when we saw that he was playing in Washington, DC, my mom, sister, and I booked our flights!

I flew out a day early so I could spend some time with some of my favorite DC residents - Kara, Stacey, and Brittany. We went to a hole in the wall Thai place called Sweet Rice and it was delicious. They were having a pomegranate drink special - Poma martini, Poma margarita, Poma mojito....YUM!
On Thursday my mom and sister flew in and we headed over to the Pentagon Memorial for September 11th. Very well done monument, though it needs a little more signage to explain all the symbolism.

From there we headed to Georgetown and found a delicious Austrian Cafe tucked away in an alley that reminded me a lot about dining in Copenhagen. Kelly had a great very creative watermelon and feta salad while my mom and I split mini-sandwiches and a salad.














After working up an appetite shopping (and finding some great deals!) we headed to Agraria Farmers & Fishers at the Georgetown Waterfront. I'd never been to Agraria, but I was surprised that during my 5 years in DC I had not taken mom or Kel to the waterfront. It was a gorgeous night, Stacey met up with us, and the food was amazing!













And then we were off to the main event - Van Morrison!!Apparently Van Morrison doesn't like to preform in public. He played for about an hour and a half with no intermission, no encore, and no talking in between songs. But it was still a great concert! There were 9 other band members up there and they were all so talented - violin, cellos, bass, sax, drums, piano, and guitars. Van Morrison played the piano, guitar, sax, and harmonica. Great job Van!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Look at you Parker girls out on the town! Love it. And we might have to try that Georgetown waterfront restaurant - looks fantastic!

So great to see you and share some spicy Thai! :-)