Monday, December 22, 2008

DC!

This past weekend I headed to DC to cheer on the DEACS and visit friends! With so many people to see and so little time, I of course made an "agenda" and stuck to it pretty well.

First up, I stopped by the Hursts to visit Ashley, Megan, and Uncle Paul. Ashley is so much bigger and more active than she was when I met her in July, crawling all over the house and using her huge muscles to pull herself up and stand.
Then I headed to Carpool to meet Kara, Sheila, and Erin...as well as cheer on the Deacs (#10 ranked basketball team) beat Richmond. GO DEACS!
The "main event" was on Saturday - WFU vs Navy in the inaugural Eaglebank Bowl at RFK.
Afterwards I headed over to Herndon to see the Kims - Amie, Alex, Sophie, Mason, and the newest addition - Ava. Sophie loved her pom pom...forget about UPenn, this girl is bound to be a Demon Deacon if Aunt Parker has anything to say about it!
Then it was off to the Chamberlin B&B...separate post to come...for a relaxing evening with Stacey. Sunday morning I met Katie at McLean Bible Church and enjoyed a GREAT message by Lon!So great to be able to see so many of my favorite people - can't wait to come back soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My dear! So good to see your life is even more filled with excitement back in your home country!
So happy for you!
Well, here is cold and dark, what's new. and Boring -- again, what's new...
I will only go back to Shanghai for 2 weeks' short vacation in Mid Jan. Already can't wait for that!
Keep in touch, it's good that I can see how you are doing!

Nina Lee Fuhrmann