Saturday, December 13, 2008

Not tolerating incompetance

Disclaimer: I am sorry to any of you who have friends and family that work for Chase bank. This is not directed at them, just some of the morons who work for the same company - there are bad eggs everywhere!

Okay...why I am I on my soapbox? Well, I have told many of you about my bad experience with Chase bank trying to arrange an international wire transfer. But, I refrained from broadcasting my frustration out to the blogworld. Basically, I was not able to arrange a wire transfer without being in the USA, I could not give my sister power of attorney without being in the USA, and then when I gave the money to my sister to do the transfer for me she had to go back 4 times because they kept doing it wrong. UUUGGGHH!

Today I checked my credit card balance - a Chase account - and saw that my November automatic payment has been returned and thus I had a fee of $39 for the returned payment, a late fee of $39, and a $95 balance fee. I checked the account that I have linked to my Chase account for automatic payment and there is more than enough money to cover it. So, I have mailed Chase explaining the error of their ways and asked for their assistance in clearing it up. I don't see why they wouldn't, but if they don't you better believe you will hear about it!

I have also signed up for, and been approved by, American Express!

Okay...stepping down form the soapbox...thank you for listening/reading....

2 comments:

Dangerman said...

Sort of reminds you of another big company with lots of billing errors doesn't it?

daron said...

Good work! Stick it to them...and CANCEL the Chase card! There is no excuse for poor customer service. And don't you love it how they can come up with $200 in fees for something like that? I had a similar one recently, where my payment ended up late by one day. I gave them the option - charge me the $200 for one day late, and cancel my card, or forgive the fee - duh...it is good business to keep good customers! Did you get AMEX platinum? because, if so, we are going to the business lounge in Miami for sure!