Sunday, August 29, 2010

San Blas...the sailboat...

Have you ever felt like you were in a Corona commercial? If not, I suggest you head to the San Blas Islands...off the Northern Coast of Panama.We rented a sailboat...the High Spirits with Captain Dave (Houston native) and First Mate Elizabet (Panamanian native).Me doing my job of taking the anchor up and down...
...Mike helping out with captaining the boat.
Our close sleeping quarters.Crazy nights on the boat doing the best of everyone's iPod.Yes, I know, hot robe, right? The sun was INTENSE and I did not want to become a tomato :-) Instead I look like a crazy lady, oh well.
While the boat did have a shower, it was close quarters and hot, so a quick bath in the saltwater and then being quirted off in freshwater was a preferable option.
Sophia and I clearly know that Havainas are the best deck shoes :-)Elizabet got bananas at one island we stopped at...love that we have a bunch of bananas hanging from the boat!!

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

I love havaianas too! Actually, I've only had one pair. A friend brought them back for from Brazil years ago and I wore them daily in SD and then in PC (probably for 4 years) before they broke. I remember because I was out grocery shopping in Oshakati or somewhere and one strap snapped clean off... I had to walk home with only one shoe on. I definitely need a new pair.