Sunday, August 29, 2010

Panama...Round 2

What is more "quintessential Panama" than a Panama hat and maracas - nothing! Make a mental note of these fun guys...you'll see them resurface :-)
For the first two weeks of March I was back down in Panama for a mostly work, but also pleasure trip. And this time, friends joined me...from all over the world...literally. Daron came from Alaska..en route to Honduras and Mike, Sophia, and Ioannis joined from Greece!!!
Daron was the real winner of the trip as he came for both weeks in Panama and then went on with the Greeks for a week in Costa Rica after I had to make my sad departure back to the working world. And...what better place to celebrate your "platinum birthday?"
What is a "platinum birthday" you ask? Well, it is a gold birthday when you turn the same age as your date of birth....so when Daron turned 33 on 3/3 we dubbed it his platinum birthday!!!
The rest of the week was pretty uneventful...at least for me since I was working....but plenty of fun to be had on the weekend, right??!!

No comments: