Sunday, January 24, 2010

Paradise - Taboga Island, Panama

For my weekend in Panama City, I decided to escape the city and head to the island of Taboga, which is 12miles off the coast of Panama City. It was amazingly beautiful and incredibly relaxing!
I was greeted by my buddy Juan Ramone the juice shop guy when I walked off the boat. Who knew that a smoothie made from melon and ice could be that delicious...I had four in my short stay that was barely over one day.
The town of San Pedro was very small and quaint and I loved taking walks and hikes all over to explore.
I stayed at the Cerrito Tropical - a quaint B&B owned by an Canadian couple.
The Cerrito had an amazing hammock where I took a fabulous nap!
Nothing beats fresh seafood from the island...and this place was no exception - 4 tables total, overlooking the ocean, amazing!
There were great trails to hike all over the island, through the wildlife preserve.
Taboga is called the island of flowers...for obvious reasons!
One of the many beaches...
I had checked out the the Cerrito earlier in the day, but they let me store my bag and use their garden shower before my ferry departed.
Can't beat that as an ending to a wonderful trip!

No comments: