Friday, September 3, 2010

Spring trip to Penasco!

Lynne had such a great time on our last trip to Mexico that she decided to come back and spend a week south of the border with my parents and I!
Last time we were there we helped out with some of the neighborhood kids so we started out this trip with some arts and crafts as well.
Of course...there were plenty of patio parties...
The hostesses...
Then it was back to Miguel's ranch for some horseback riding. Miguel was hosting a benefit concert so the artist was there practicing...oh, and Miguel forgot to mention that this guy - Raul - had been a finalist on Latin American Idol and was quite popular in Mexico.
Miguel showing off his horse's dressage skills - -
"Why thank you Mexican Idol for saving my life" - this picture was actually taken before Raul "saved my life" - but shortly after we went out for a ride and my horse got a little out of control - all I could thing to do was squeeze with my legs to make sure I stayed on...but of course this as only a signal for him to go faster. Thankfully, I finally got the horse to stop and called it a day.
Much more entertaining...and safe...to watch Raul rehearse his songs...
Lynne was starstruck - hahaha :-)
Later in the week "the accident" happened. It was horrible. Lynne, my parents, and another couple went ATVing in the desert and the one that Lynne was riding in flipped. Thankfully, everyone was alright minus some bumps, bruises, and a fracture. We took Lynne to the doctor, got some x-rays, found out that she has a small fracture in her foot. As you can see, she was a phenomenal patient and really handled a scary situation well. Since we didn't have a wheelchair, next best option was a janitorial bucket right?!
And of course she made the most of out being immobile for a few days. We set her up with music, books, beer, and snacks on the patio. Not ideal by any means...but if you're going to fracture your ankle, you might as well do it in paradise!

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

Have you read that book, Irresitble Revolution? It's been on my shelf for a few years but I haven't picked it up yet.