Thursday, October 21, 2010

Live Lean Update!

As promised earlier this week, here is an update on how the Live Lean program is going....
After orientation on Saturday and Sunday, we started into our "routine." 6am group workouts M-F, 7am on Saturday, plus a second workout of choice later in the day. The group workouts alternate between Circuit Training and Strength Training - they are tough, but it helps that we're all in it together with coaches cheering us on and correcting form the whole way.
On Wednesdays we also have a group yoga class in the evening followed by group and small group discussions. This time we focused on Satya (Truth) and goal setting.

I'm loving the program so far...despite the fact that my shoulders are burning as I sit her right now (but heck, it it can get me arms like our lovely coach Megan then I can deal!). One thing that I wasn't necessarily expecting was how much energy and support comes from the other women involved in the program. Of course in the group exercise you push a little harder because everyone around you is pushing so hard....but also there are a lot of people going through similar challenges in life and have been able to bond and gain strength from each other.

Good work ladies! See you tomorrow morning :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved your synopsis of our past several days' journey! It sure is nice to be in it all together. Thinking about what that second work out is going to be right now, and thinking the stairs are my option. See you bright and early tomorrow!