Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Cleansed!

The "infamous" cleanse is complete and I feel great! The "rules" of the cleanse were no caffeine, alcohol, glueten, salt, soy, oil (except for flax), and dairy. Plus we drank a shake of a powder packed with nutrients that helped clean us out. We were warned of adverse reactions at first with the shakes. The only side effect I noticed was the first day I was very lightheaded after I had the shake...but after that all was "good" (it tasted awful, really chalky, but drinkable).
Now, if we choose to, we're introducing the items above back into our diets and seeing how we feel. It is a good way to see we we have mild allergies to certain foods (especially dairy or gluten). I had a small cup of coffee after working out this morning and all went well...will try some gluten later.
However, I will try to keep all these foods in moderation because I feel less bloated and have a lot more energy with the primarily raw diet (this is an "I told you so" moment for Paulo who gave me the Thrive Diet book awhile ago which talks about how eating a raw diet takes a lot of stress of of your body because the foods come with their own enzymes to aid in digestion and absorption).
When the nutritionist spoke with us before the Cleanse, she advised that many people do a Cleanse at the change of each season and I think that is a great idea that I will try and stick with moving forward!

1 comment: