Monday, November 24, 2008

Answered Prayers

Before I left for Copenhagen, I prayed that God would use that time to deepen my faith and show me His glory in new ways. In typical "God fashion' He did this in powerful ways that I could have never even dreamt of.

He put me in some trying situations at work that broke down my dependance on myself and showed me that every success is a gift from Him. Yet, He also put me in work situations that let me shine using the talents He has given me.

He gave me a church home filled wth believers of more nationalities than I can count, each of whom has shown me a new dimension of faith in and worship of God.

He enabled me to pursue one of my true passions - travel. I saw so many facets of His hand over creation. The beauty and diversity I have seen is truely breathtaking and awe-inspiring.

He has shown me His character of steadfast love and provision and "proven" to me that letting Him direct my path reaps far greater benefit than anything I could ever come up with.

He has surrounded me with compassionate and supportive people - some of whom share my faith and some of whom do not, but all have enriched my life deeply.

So now, as I prepare to leave this windy city for the Windy City of Chicago and start a new chapter of my life, I can think of no better way to begin than by repeating that same prayer that God will strengthen my faith and show me His glory...and extend that prayer to all of you as well.

2 comments:

Kara said...

Well said.

Welcome home - we're glad to have you back on American soil!!

Have a very safe trip tomorrow... how appropriate that you make it home to the grand US of A just in time for Thanksgiving!!!

emily rietz said...

amen...