Friday, November 21, 2008

Jumeirah Jane for a Day!

For my last day in Dubai I decided to pamper myself...not that I hadn't be doing this already throughout the trip...but I decided to go out in "Jumeirah Jane" style. Jumeirah Jane is the nickname given to women who spend their days at the spa, pool, beach, shopping, etc.

After seeing Virginie and Cesar off to work, I headed down for breakfast for the "taxing" day ahead...omelette with fresh herbs, latte, and a banana-honey shake while reading the paper outside. Then I went to the gym and worked out for an hour, followed by a quick steam room, and 45min at the pool. From there I went to Vanilla, the spa in Virginie's building, and got a manicure and pediure. And then it was next door to the Fairmont Willow Stream Spa. I got a 2.5hr "Time Out" treatment -
A cleansing and rejuvenating experience, Elements in Harmony draws from restorative powers of fire (self-heating mud), earth (spa peeling massage cream), air (relaxing serum) and water. After a gentle stretching and pressure point massage, the body is brushed using loofah to stimulate blood circulation and to remove dull surface skin cells. An application of marine self-heating mud along the spine and feet, enable a deep detoxification and relaxation of stressed areas, followed by a therapeutic body and scalp massage. A reviving eye mask will bring radiance and freshness and reduce the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and puffiness. Cleansing, toning, and exfoliation of the face, including a facial massage will complete the experience.
It was fantastic! Afterwards I relaxed in the relaxation room for a while before getting a light lunch at the hotel.

Then it was back to the Madinat Jumeirah (where I had been taken my second night in Dubai).
I sat on the terrace of Bahri Bar and had a coffee as the sunset. Then took the abra over to another part of the hotel to meet Virginie for our haircuts.Looking good post haircuts!
We met Cesar after his Arabic class for dinner at Centimeter, a fabulous outdoor restaurant at the Madinat Jumeriah.
A completely unposed pic...
Lastly we went to Qd's at the Dubai Creek Golf and Yacht Club for sheisha. TUSIND TAK Virginie, Cesar, & Josh for an amazing trip to Dubai, I hope to be back soon!

No comments: