Friday, November 21, 2008

Dubai...day 1

I left Copenhagen on the new SAS direct flight on Wednesday night - upgraded of course! - and arrived in Dubai at 6am on Thursday. It was a quick ride over to Virginie and Cesar's apartment and after chatting with them while they got ready for work, I slept from 8-2pm! Below is their building..they are on the 47th out of 54 floors and it only takes 30seconds by elevator to get there...fastest in Dubai...for now, until the Burg Dubai is finished!
After getting some lunch and working out, I met Gina at the pool (a friend from CPH who was also visiting Virginie and Cesar with her husband Kendrick, they had been in Iran for a few days, check Gina's blog for deets!).
Then we met Virginie at the Palace Spa where she had booked me a facial and massages for Gina and herself. PS, I highly reccomend looking at all the hotel links I put in, these places are amazing. I am not a huge spa goer, but after this experience I think that may change! The spa was gorgeous. After a consultation choosing our treatments and changing into comfy robes, we went to the relaxation room where they bathed our feet in water with rose petals. After our treatments we met up in the relaxation room and caught up while relaxing on chaise lounges sipping tea.
We were enjoying ourselves so much that we left a little late for dinner...but there were plenty of people waiting for us at the One and Only Royal Mirage's Beach Bar and Grill. Including Josh, who I worked with in Virginia for a year. It was an incredibly fun and delicious dinner in a fantastic setting...right on the beach!

No comments: