Friday, November 21, 2008

Dubai...day 5

I woke up shortly after Josh left for work and headed to the beach (only 10min from Josh's apt) for a wonderful run. Then, after a quick shower and a stop at Starbucks, I was back on the beach. While swimming I thought I saw fish jumping a little bit off shore, so I swam out to where a surfer was sitting on his board watching the show. It turned out to be two wild dolphins playing...SO COOL! We were about 50feet from them and were sad when they finally got bored with us and headed off.
After a very relaxing day at the beach, I met Virginie at the Grosvenor House for a drink. We were headed to Buddha Bar, but it did not open until 8, so first we had blueberry martinis on the terrace. Then it was off for a great lemon mint and apple cocktail (or "mocktail" as they call them) at Buddha Bar - you need to look at the website for this place, amazing!
Then we went to the Dubai Marine for a great Thai dinner on the patio. Another fantastic day in Dubai!

No comments: