Friday, November 21, 2008

One & Only Royal Mirage

I decided that it was definitely a must to spend 1 night in a posh Dubai hotel and my friend Amy from WFU works for the company that does the financing for Atlantis and One & Only Resorts. Amy got me a great deal on a room at the One & Only Royal Mirage's Arabian Court. Cesar dropped me off once we got back from Oman and it was time to slip into the lap of luxury.
After working out and running on the beach, I headed to an amazing breakfast buffet. View from my breakfast table...
Then it was off to the pool to relax and also take a water aerobics class. The other guests, mostly Aussies and Russians were super nice and friendly and there were lots of adorable little kids with dads doting on them - so cute!
I also went over to the pool at the Palace, the other hotel in the Royal Mirage.
Then it was off to the Oriental Hammam that Amy insisted was a MUST do...and she was right! Read more about it on the website, but the short version is "Resting, fully relaxed, on a heated marble slab, an expert masseur attends to every need of the body, rejuvenating the skin and invigorating tired muscles" - the pic below is from right after, do I look like I have new skin?Then it was back to the beach for a late lunch...I arranged a super late check out and did not leave until 4:30! From there I went over to Josh's in the Dubai Marina...we watched Step Brothers and then met another friend for dinner at a great Moroccan place called Momo's...best tea I have EVER had!

No comments: