Friday, November 27, 2009

Thankful!

I know we all say this every year, but I really can't believe how fast a year has flown by! Last year I was just arriving back from a 2yr stint in Denmark at Thanksgiving time. Now, I've been in Chicago a year and have enjoyed spending time with my family, gotten to reconnect with old friends, made some incredible new friends, gotten to travel to some pretty great places (Honduras, San Diego, Santa Barbara, Mexico, Vietnam, Cambodia), and have just recently bought a condo downtown (more on that later!)!!!

My first "event" back in the States last year was the Cada's 1st Annual Thanksgiving Eve Party. The Cada's have been family friends since Dean was a senior in high school and my dad was a 2nd year basketball coach - crazy! They've had quite a year as well - a new grand baby Brady!!! Thankfully they decided to keep the tradition alive this year, it was great to see them!
Thanksgiving was again spent at the Lake this year - could not ask for a more perfect setting to spend a relaxing day with Mom, Dad, and Kelly!

No comments: